Saturday, July 21, 2018

These Bones - Part Five: The Real Need

Welcome back! We are so glad to have you join us again.  In our last conversation (Part Four) we talked about Ezekiel's huge leap of faith, and the amazing vision of restoration.  Will you join us as we look at this last section of the passage, finally seeing God's plan?

Let's look at the last part of our passage, Ezekiel 37: 11-14...

11 Then he said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are indeed cut off.’ 12 Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people. 14 And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the Lord.” (ESV)

Y'all, in the way that only God can do, He speaks to us in love and truth, reveals the source of our pain, and the solution, reminds us that with Him, all things are possible, and then shows us the big picture.  In the first 10 verses, we saw God speak to Ezekiel about bringing dry bones back to life.  And then, tucked at the very end of the story, God says that the bones left dry, bleached, and abandoned on the valley floor...that those very bones that He brought back to life, they were Ezekiel and his people; and that God was going to restore all of those in exile.  Y'all, God literally said he would open the graves and raise us...His People...from our graves.  He would breathe life back into us.

Here, in these four verses, God cuts through all of the chaos, the fear, the doubt, and the hiding from the pain and speaks truth to our real need.  Come back and join us as we wrap up this study!

No comments:

Post a Comment